I received the Stylish Blogger Award from sweet Annette at One Perfect Room (thank you so much!).
As part of receiving the award, you must share 7 random facts about yourself and nominate other bloggers, so here goes.
Seven random tidbits about me:
1) My husband and I love to introduce ourselves to strangers with a big umm, falsehood about our names, who we are, where we are from and what we do for work… So, I may go with something like – I am Shaniqua from from Alaska, am an Eskimo and for work, I’m a wrestler. Makes people remember you.
2) I have an extra set of ribs.
3) I’ve dressed up as a goth, to live a day in the life. Would like to do more of these experiments. I love human behavior experiments. I enjoy psychology.
4) I worked in full-time youth ministry for a number of years.
5) I’ve lead an entire restaurant in song before. No, nothing cool… just Row Row Row Your Boat.
6) I am very allergic to corn and soy, in all forms. So, we don’t eat out. I am thankful we figured out this was the culprit of some major illness for a while… feeling much better now.
7) I grew up with my own pony named Lightning. (And, yes, I grew up in Texas.)
In one month of blogging, I’ve already met some fabulous bloggers on here! I am amazed by that. Thank you for embracing me.
With that being said, I would like to pass the Stylish blogger award to some of these ladies. They are not new bogs, but new-ish to me and these ladies have been particularly warm to me. Thank you! Check out their sites if you have the time!
And this Stylish Blogger Award goes to:
Cassie at http://hisugarplum.blogspot.com/
Emily at http://lovelybeasts.blogspot.com/
Kristen at http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/
Emily at http://emilyaclark.blogspot.com/
Cassity at http://remodelaholic.com/
Jane at http://modernjanedesign.blogspot.com/
Denise at http://pinkpostcard.blogspot.com/
Sonya at http://beyondthescreendoordesigns.blogspot.com/
Samantha at http://blackvelvetchair.blogspot.com/
Kirsten at http://6thstreetdesignschool.blogspot.com/
Elsa at http://www.casagreer.com/
Thank you all for either writing personal emails and befriending me or for being interested in my blog and saying particularly nice things! (I am sorry if I left anyone off the list! I’m sure I did.)