Before, in 2009.
After. Look how the tree grew!
We purchased our house as a short sale, so the yard wasn’t in the best condition. When the previous owners realized they’d be losing their home, I’m sure they weren’t that motivated to continue yard work. That is understandable. I want to share how the yard looked just prior to us moving in and how it looked later on.
You can click any photo for a closer look.
Overview from 2nd Story Window – Before
Overview from 2nd Story Window – After
You’ll see a glimpse of some dirt in the grassy are on the left. That was always there as they had used that space for a fire pit. We have uncovered sprinkler system lines and planned to add soil and sod for a few hundred dollars. Just didn’t get a chance.
You may also be wondering what that long wall of dirt is. It’s the canal that feeds all of AZ water. It runs from Lake Havasu across our state. It’s not pretty, but it means no houses will ever be built behind ours.
Pool Area – Before
Pool Area – After
Left Side Yard – Before
Left Side Yard – After
Those are fruit trees – lemon, lime and tangelo.
Back Corner – Before
Back Corner – After
However, we wanted to take the grass out eventually and put a garden back there. We didn’t get a chance.
Please ignore the ugly blanket over the freshly planted peach tree. It’s no longer there. That’s a pomegranate tree to the left of the blanket.
Right Yard – Before
Right Side – After
Right Side Yard, Pool Equipment – Before
Right Side Yard, Pool Equipment – After
We have not completed the pool equipment surround, but the estimate is pretty inexpensive at around $200.
Other After Shots:
We did the following:
- We had a crew haul out a trailer full of weeds. We’ve since tried to keep up and have pulled weeds weekly.
- We removed landscape lighting that wasn’t attached to a power source and had cords all over.
- We redid a lot of the sprinkler lines.
- We seeded grass.
- We removed 35 plants and 2 trees.
- We planted 36 new plants.
- We moved a ceiling fan.
- We added patio furniture.
- We cleaned up a lot of debris.
- We sprayed lots of weeds.
- We fertilized all plants.
- We buried sprinkler lines that had not been buried.
- We put together two containers for pool equipment and toys.
- We trimmed plants and trees.
- We took down a dead tree.
- We replaced the pool pump and salt water system.
- We replaced the sprinkler valves.
- And we brought in 36 tons of rocks for ground covering between grassy areas.
Whew! Lots of hard work inside and out in the last two years. Hope you enjoyed the before and after tour of our yard.
We’re gonna miss this place. I don’t know if you are familiar with Phoenix real estate, but most yards are extreme small at maybe 6,000-9,000 sq ft. Our yard is 16,708 (.38 acres) and it has privacy. That is very very difficult to find here. I think it’s a big reason it sold quickly. We are so thrilled to be under contract after just a few days.