We’ve made significant progress on the family room since I last posted about it.
We’ve been busy:
- Added curtains (sewn from shower curtains)
- Added an area rug (or two). We wanted the organic feel of the cow hide rug, but the size of the 9×12 rug.
- Added pillows (and subtracted the navy chevron pillows as they competed with the curtains too much). The greige Poetical pillows help to tie the gray and tan tones in the room.
- Added accessories such as lamps. This helps to vary the heights in the space.
- Added new end table. We already had the Restoration Hardware one and added the round end table.
- Added a chair, but… it’s really for the dining table. It’s just a place holder for now.
It may be good to note that basically, we started over in this house. We kept so few pieces from our last house that it’s easier to name what we kept than what we sold. The Bassett sectional was one items we kept. Nothing else in this space is from the last house. So, it’s been a lot of work selling things from the other house as well. But, that process has funded the “new” stuff.
Below is the last photo that I showed of this room, when we were three weeks into it. It looked like this.
We have now lived in our home for 3 months, this week.
I thought I’d throw this one in so you can see how that blue ceiling works with everything!
Showing a tiny bit of the fireplace wall.
And, next to the fireplace is the tv console and tv.
We still have four things left to do before it’s complete for now.
1. Paint the coffee table. Thinking gold. Or…. hot pink? Freen? Probably gold… Right now, it kind of blends with the cowhide. But, I still love the fretwork on it!
2. There is currently a blank 4 ft x 4 ft canvas over the fireplace. I need to turn it into an abstract painting.
3. Find a better chair to replace this one. Then, put this chair back in the dining room.
4. Add two garden stools flanking the fireplace.
You can check out our Tour page for more photos. But, here are a few rooms together in our home.
For extra fun, you can go to the Tour page and compare this family room to the last one. Totally different. Did I say totally?
How do you think the family room coming along?! I’ll show you more progress in the breakfast room soon!